TAP lab is a technology-friendly Makerspace located upstairs in the Te Atatū Peninsula Community Centre, Auckland.
Our goals / Kaupapa
- Promoting creativity, collaboration and invention.
- Encouraging learning and the sharing of knowledge and skills in a fun and safe community environment.
- Fostering a community of creative, friendly and cooperative people.
What we do
- We provide free or affordable access to specialised equipment and technology.
- We also help people to use technology and provide training.
- We encourage learning through self driven projects, this empowers people to continue the learning process themselves.
- We provide channels for individuals to connect with others to collaborate and learn from one another.
- Create leadership opportunities. As you learn new things you are encouraged to share your knowledge with others. All ages are valued, we have had youth led workshops.
- Opportunities to volunteer and get involved with projects to help the community.
Who TAP lab is for
- Our goal is to be as inclusive as possible, we aim to be for everyone who wants to make. We run regular open times, special interest groups and events that cater to a wide range of interests.
- Parents/families/whānau: Many families work on projects together or take part in workshops together.
- Anyone who finds creativity helpful for their mental health and wellbeing.
- Inventors, innovators and tinkerers who use the equipment for prototyping and design.
Organisations we work with
We collaborate with many other organisations who have goals that align with our own.
Boomerang Bags Te Atatu
Our guiding documents
TAP lab is an incorporated society and registered charity.